Last night I had a girls night out. A actual girls night out. My first one in over 12 months. Everyone loves a girls night out.
Although my love of a night out with the girls has never changed the fact I now have two children has changed the preparation and planning for it, quite dramatically. Whilst getting ready last night these differences popped into my head,
1. Get some music on
2. Pour myself a nice big glass of vodka and coke.
3. Browse through my wardrobe and think about what I want to wear. Try a few things on.
4. Have a leisurely shower, wash hair and condition, dry hair with defuser hairdryer (showing my age now)
5. Put blind date on telly.
6. Refill vodka.
7. Phone friends and check on meeting arrangements.
8. Revisit the wardrobe, choosing the perfect outfit.
9. Apply make up.
10. Finish vodka while listening to music and apply lipstick.
11. Call a taxi (check dad was available to drop off)
12. Grab my keys and walk out the door.
1. A plan would of been put in place regards this night out a month ago. Chances are I will have children with me whilst getting ready.
2. Use the ipad to entertain eldest child, baby will need snacks .
3. Search for something that fits but don’t put it on yet incase baby gets snack on you.
4. No time to shower. Settle for deodorant and some dry shampoo.
5. Slap on some mascara and eye liner, lipstick is not going to happen.
6. Start getting kids in pj’s and prepare for bed.
7. Check husband is nearly home from work.
8. Give children milk and hand over to husband as he walks through the front door. I’m now off duty.
9. Get dressed.
10. Turns out I’m not off duty because I’m still in the house. Do story time for at least one child.
11. Hugs goodbye, checking shoulders for any marks left by baby.
12. Get out of door normally 30 minutes late.